Platform to impact millions
Influence policy and service delivery for citizens by accelerating tech through the largest distribution platform, the Government.
Access to a leadership ecosystem
Build a network of phenomenal peers, policy experts, industry leaders and state administrators.
Transition to an impactful career
Delve into India's developmental landscape and gain contextual experience for a move to the social sector.
Certification from ISB in public policy
Enhance your capacity as a public policy professional with a formal investment in your learning and development.
The outcomes of our KA/21 cohort
Public funds mobilised
Indian Administrative Fellowship is an opportunity for high-achieving leaders to impact millions of lives
Work with visionary senior bureaucrats to influence large-scale change through technology and innovation.
The State Rural Livelihoods Mission connects directly with 30L SHG women in the state. We tried to identify opportunities for these women both internally as well as externally and also train them to access these. I leveraged my experience in financial services and used this opportunity to improve bank linkages and enable credit flow for SHG women. I thought, ‘what would we do outside?’ and what learnings from the private sector can I bring here?
Balasubramanya R (Balu)
The last 18 months have been a number of things – diverse, interesting, challenging. The most impactful experience has been our work on restructuring the BBMP workload – how do we metricise a work scope this vast – road networks, drain networks, etc. of a city with a 1.4 billion population? Overall, I feel satisfied that I was able to give my 2 cents about a problem facing the city I have lived in for over 4 decades.
Register your interest in The/Nudge Indian Administrative Fellowship
Want to know more about Indian Administrative Fellowship?
Frequently asked questions
A prospective fellow is a high performer from the private sector (CXO/VP/GM) with 15+ years of experience in leading large-scale tech-driven transformations. They must have a relentless drive to bring innovation, persistence, and leadership skills to provide sustainable and scalable solutions for India’s wicked problems.
– The candidate should be an Indian resident (OCI cardholders who are regular taxpayers can consider applying).
– The candidate should have 15+ years of demonstrated experience leading large-scale transformational initiatives anchored in technology. – Comfortable with working 6-day work weeks with travel and field visits as per requirement during the 18-month engagement.
– A high sense of ownership and accountability to deliver on assigned goals.
– The role will involve correspondence in the local language. Therefore, proficiency in the local language would be a distinct advantage.
Interested candidates are required to fill out the application detailing their interests and experience.
Shortlisted applicants will receive an assignment to complete. Prospective fellows will interview with The/Nudge team and our partners, including serving or retired senior IAS officers, to determine their fit for the fellowship. The final cohort will be selected through an interview by the Secretaries, Additional Chief Secretaries, and Principal Secretaries with whom the fellows will work during the 18 months.
The fellows will be entrusted with the responsibility to:
– Understand the departmental/ divisional priorities, interventions and challenges through research and stakeholder deliberation.
– Propose and formulate the framework and strategy for an effective intervention design and delivery.
– Enable consensus & collaboration for the engagement with various stakeholders within the government institution and externally.
– Document regular updates as part of the review and reporting frameworks.
– Deliver aligned goals in coordination with the government body and establish evidence on the intervention’s effectiveness.
– Engage in cohort interaction and academic accreditation designed to build capacity and camaraderie for effective engagements.
The fellows shall have access to:
– A platform to impact millions: An unparalleled opportunity to collaborate with the leadership across government institutions to enhance the reach and efficiency of Central/ State priorities.
– Leadership development bootcamps: The fellows will undergo an extensive curriculum curated by India’s leading public policy institutions, including the Indian School of Business, NITI Aayog and State or Central institutions, to build capacity for efficient comprehension, formulation, and execution of programs/ policies/ projects.
– Expert advice and mentoring: The fellows will be mentored and supported by leading public policy institutes, a pool of subject matter experts, industry leaders, and mentors.
– Stipend: Each fellow will receive a stipend of ₹12 lakhs per annum for the duration of the fellowship.
– Impact showcase and accreditation: Fellow contributions will be highlighted across media and case studies at different instances during the fellowship. Formal accreditation will also be bestowed on the fellow in the presence of senior administrators and notable leaders from the development and private sector.
The fellows will be based out of the city where their secretariat/ department/ ministry offices are located. In order to understand deeper aspects of the project and engage with the relevant stakeholders to facilitate implementation, fellows may need to travel on field visits. The frequency of travel would depend on the nature of the department/division & focus of the projects.
The fellow is linked to the division/ department. Even if the division/ department head gets transferred, the fellow shall remain on the project assigned and will subsequently work with the incumbent official.
While all selected projects are approved, in cases where a project is terminated, the fellow will start engagement on a different project for the remaining duration of the program after deliberation with the project advisor.
The fellow will be signing a contract to serve for a period of 18 months. However, if unavoidable circumstances require an early termination, they will be required to serve a notice period of 2 months or be reimbursed for the stipend in lieu of the notice period.